- 16 thick slices of salmon tenderloin
- ½ green apple, cut into crescents
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Fresh chives
- Lemon juice
Makes one large plate of salmon sashimi.
- Wash the green apple thoroughly and remove the core using an apple corer. Cut the apple in half and then into crescents. Sprinkle these with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- To make the sashimi, take a square or rectangular plate. Start with two slices of salmon, followed by one slice of green apple. Continue until you have used all the salmon.
- Garnish with fresh chives and an extra sprinkling of lemon juice, and serve at room temperature for the best salmon flavor.
You can serve these sashimi with the sauce of your choice. Some suggestions: soy sauce (for an extra kick, mix some wasabi through it) or honey mustard and dill sauce. Also delicious with a fresh dip made with Greek yogurt, finely grated ginger, and chives!