- 1 large warm-smoked salmon fillet (around 1 lb)
- 2 snack cucumbers
- Half a shallot
- 1 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Crackers or bread, as preferred
Makes four servings of warm-smoked salmon with dip and crackers
- Remove the salmon fillet from the refrigerator and any packaging about 30 minutes before serving.
- Finely chop the shallot and mix it with the crème fraîche, lemon zest and tarragon in a bowl. Season with salt and set to one side. Cut the cucumber into slices and put these in another bowl.
- Serve the salmon fillet on a large platter (or wooden tray), with the slices of cucumber, the tarragon dip, and the crackers and/or bread, as preferred. Gently divide the smoked salmon fillet into pieces with two forks and enjoy this delicious platter of warm-smoked salmon (note: the skin of the smoked salmon fillet cannot be eaten).
Tip: for more variety, you can serve several sauces with this dish. For example, honey mustard and dill sauce or barbecue sauce.