- 10 – 12 slices of smoked sockeye salmon
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 3 – 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 large sandwich skewers
Makes two BLT club sandwiches with sockeye salmon
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan and remove excess fat using kitchen paper. Cut each slice in half.
- Cut the 4 slices of bread in half, so that you have 8 smaller slices (for each club sandwich, you will use 4 slices), and spread each with a layer of cream cheese. We can now start to ‘build’ the sandwich.
- Take 1 slice of bread with cream cheese and add a leaf of romaine lettuce, followed by the tomato and crispy bacon, and finish with a slice of sockeye salmon.
- Repeat until you have a total of 4 small slices per sandwich. Finish off with a slice of sockeye salmon on top and push a sandwich skewer through the middle to keep the sandwich together. Serve with a fresh salad and you have a complete evening meal.
Tip: you can also choose not to cut the slices of bread to make a large (flatter) sandwich. Then you will not need the sandwich skewer.